Friday, June 30, 2017

Bayan Linnas and La Tahzan, of Ali-Imraan

Bismillah,

Eid Mubarak,
Felt cheerful to share. Might sound mundane, but still, I am enthusiast to type it all out...

So a book written by Dr.Aidh Al-qarni was one of the best selling copies in the world when I was doing my degree. It was called La Tahzan. I was and is, still, one of the forever fan of it. The book was thick, so don't ask about the price. But still, it was the best selling books for quite some time. Up to an extent, the publisher break it into a mini thin numbered-encyclopedic version, to make it more affordable for every ‘sengkek student’ like me to own one. 

 
I would call it a master-heart-piece. Touching the sinners hearts with beautiful words. I was quite obsess with the word ‘La Tahzan’ in those old days, and spent quite some time to look up in the Quran to seek which verse consist of that particular word and manage to happily memorized it until today. Sound silly, but it becomes my personal  soul-treating verse that cures the sadness in my heart. I bet it affect others whom read it in the Holy kitab as well. 

It was Suratul Ali-Imran verse number 139


وَلَا تَهِنُوا وَلَا تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنْتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ
So do not weaken and do not grieve, and you will be superior if you are [true] believers.

I came across it again this morning, and started writing as all the previous eight year’s memories flashes back. But this time, I was pleased, even more with what I read.


You know, I often curious about where ‘Bayan Linnas’ words came out from, too. In which surah and verse. I am a non Arabic speaker whom in love with some unique articulations of beautiful words in the quran.  

So I dig in the quran and web, to seek ‘Bayan Linnas’ and it’s meaning .... just like what I did previously with ‘La Tahzan’(childish grown ups huh? lol). 

I couldn’t find it, or I must have missed it out... 

So this morning, I came to notice that the verse that consist of ‘Bayan Linnas’ was there right before ‘La Tahzan’.  It was Ali-Imran verse 138. 



هَٰذَا بَيَانٌ لِلنَّاسِ وَهُدًى وَمَوْعِظَةٌ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ

This [Qur'an] is a clear statement to [all] the people and a guidance and instruction for those conscious of Allah .


What a cheerful, small, but precious present....

Note to self: We missed out small things, not because it is small....  It’s simply because we aren’t looking for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment